Dear friends of “Défi Rhône-Alpes 2020”,
At this time when France, the United Kingdom and Belgium are cautiously entering a phase of gradual lockdown release, we would like to share with you our review of the situation, its development and the impact that all of this might have on the feasibility of the Défi on the scheduled dates. .
In summary :
By june 2nd, the French government is planning a second phase of lockdown release (or not). On June 8th, Belgium plans to rule on the reopening of its borders (we have a number of Belgian participants, and our wheelchair-accessible coach comes from Belgium …). As of June 15, France must also reassess its policy on this subject. Hopefully, around that timeframe, we’ll also know more about international travel for our UK friends.
Mid-June, therefore, the organizing committee will re-assess the situation from multiple points of view:
– regulatory (border crossings, distant “leisure” trips, etc.)
– health safety (transport by coach, sport without physical distancing, etc.)
– logistics (overnight venture open to the public or not, coach company capacity to deliver, additional safety precautions to be implemented, etc.)
– coherence with the objectives of the project (communication, awareness events, group life…)
Based on this multi-dimensional assessment , we will decide whether planning the event for end of August 2020 remains sensible or if we must accept that we have to postpone. We will of course keep you informed as soon as possible.
Thank you for your valuable support, and your commitment to the project.
In the interim, please take care of yourself and let’s all take care of everyone.